Eat a Healthy Diet
Why is it important to have a healthy diet?
Drinking alcohol often takes away your inhibitions. This means that it’s more likely you’ll do something dangerous that you wouldn’t normally decide to do. Did you know that:
- To ensure we get all the essential nutrients we need to carry out normal bodily functions.
- To maintain a healthy weight.
- To ensure our digestive and intestinal system functions correctly.
- To keep bones strong.
- To help maintain muscle strength and joint mobility.
- For energy.
- To help prevent disease and long-term illness (heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, strokes)
- To reduce your susceptibility to short-term illness (colds and flu)
- To keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Eating well will make you feel well and look good. It is important to eat a well balanced varied diet to make sure that you get all of the nutrients that you need.