Are you struggling to cope with social, emotional or practice issues that may be having a negative impact on your general health and wellbeing? Talk to your Doctor about the new social prescribing service available in your area.
Social prescribing is a non-medical solution to help you deal with issues you may be facing.
Your GP, nurse or health professional can refer you to your local social prescribing service so you can have a face to face chat with a Living Well Officer who can help you access services and support to help you tackle a one-off problem or longer term issue.
Benefits to this include:
- Getting involved in local community activities
- Helping manage financial matters
- Links to activities to help make new friends and meet like-minded people
- Help build confidence and self-esteem to take on new challenges
- Help to get back into work by linking to volunteering and training opportunities
- Improving physical and mental health.
This weekend staff from the Practice marshaled at the Holkham parkrun. A lovely way to start the weekend and be able to support all the runners.
Photos and words from Holkham parkrun facebook page. Parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9am. Its free to enter so why not come along and give it a go?
"This week 150 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 31 were first timers and 23 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 21 different clubs took part....
Well done also to all the first timers and I noticed too that Mark Noble completed his 150th run today - great achievement Mark.
Thank you to all our volunteeers today especially the gang from the Fakenham Medical Practice."