How will my health benefit?
- You will reduce your risk of developing illness, disability or death caused by cancer, heart or lung disease.Free Chlamydia screening - see page for details.
- You will reduce your risk of gangrene or amputation caused by circulatory problems.
- You will protect the health of those around you by not exposing them to secondhand smoke.
- You will improve your fertility levels and your chance of a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- You will improve your breathing and general fitness.
- You will enjoy the taste of food more.
Timeline of Health Benefits after Stopping Smoking
||Breathing becomes easier. Bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase.
||Skin appearance improves owing to improved skin perfusion.
|3 - 9 Months
||Cough, wheezing, and breathing problems improve and lung function increases by up to 10%
||Risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
||Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker.
||Risk of heart attack falls to the same level as someone who has never smoked.
For help stopping smoking speak to reception they will be able to book you in with one of our specially trained nurse advisers.
Other benefits of stopping smoking include:
- Your breath wont smell any more of stale tobacco.
- The smell of stale tobacco will also go from your clothes, hair and home.
- Foods and drinks taste and smell much better.
- Finances improve. You will save well over £1000 per year if you smoked 20 a day.
- Better rates of insurance policies.
- You are likely to feel good about yourself.