A Young Persons Guide to Fakenham Medical Practice
About the practice
We are a friendly, caring, welcoming practice committed to serving the needs of all of our patients including the Younger members of our practice population. We provide lots of services for Young People and if we do not have what you need we can advise you where to find the help required.
Where are we based
The Fakenham Surgery is situated at Meditrina House on Trinity Road, next to the Morrisons supermarket. There is also a surgery in Little Walsingham situated in Cleaves Drive. Opening hours are given below.
Access to services
The Surgery has easy access for the disabled. A hearing loop is provided for those that require it. There is also access to Language Line for patients who english is not there first language. We can also provide face to face translators if we are given enough time to arrange this prior to the apointment.
Services for Young People
The last time you wanted, were you able to do the following?
- Free confidential pregnancy testing.
- Free Chlamydia screening - see page for details.
- Free condoms, and the C-card scheme run by nurses Sharon Stebbing.
- First and ongoing prescription for contraceptive pill, combined pill and progesterone only pill.
- Prescription for contraceptive injection - given by the Nurses.
- Free fitting of both the copper and Mirena Coil and Implanon (contraceptive implant)
- All contraceptives are provided free of charge.
- Morning after pill -this ideally needs to be taken within 24 hours of having unprotected sex but can be taken up to 5 days after sex, however it becomes less effective the longer you leave it!
- Access to a Doctor who can refer you to abortion/pregnancy advice services.
- Advice on all health issues.
- Advice regarding stopping smoking.
- Healthy eating advice and weight management.
- Advice on Diabetes management.
- Advice and referral for testing for all sexually transmitted diseases.
- Testing and treatment for Genital herpes.
Your opinions count!
We may at times ask you to provide us with some feedback in the form of a questionnaire at the end of your consultation if you do choose come to the surgery. The purpose of this is so that we can continue to improve the service that we provide to you.
Not happy with your visit?
At all times our aim is to give you the highest possible standard of service but there may be times when you feel that this has not happened. Ideally we would like you to discuss any problems that you have with the person concerned so that any confusion or misunderstandings can be addressed. If you feel that this is not the right thing to do for your particular situation then please contact either Clare Evans or Lister-Jane Parker-Flatt at Fakenham Surgery 01328 851321 and they will be able to help you. The practice has a formal complaints policy which we follow and does not in any way affect your rights to seek help in the future either at the clinic or the surgery. Any feedback, whether good or bad is welcomed, as it helps us to improve the service that we offer.